Share with friends
Feel free to share this information with your community.
Self-coaching first step
PocketConfidant is a self-coaching technology that works by email. Here is a video about what students say about it 😎.
Registration / Sign up
When you register on the signup form you select the type of challenge you are facing, you then personalize your challenge by explaining your issue with a few more details, and then enter your email address and submit your registration. Your coaching journey starts right away with an email back to you within a few seconds or minutes. If for any reason this doesn’t happen, you can send a request to the support team.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when starting your coaching journey.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org email address as a contact or favorite to be sure to receive emails properly and make them visible.
- The content you will receive is supervised by experts to ensure its quality.
- Coaching is different from mentoring because it empowers you to develop some of the most required transferable skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, conflict-resolution, creativity, communication, empathy or self-awareness. This approach is more enriching because you have more agency than within a pre-defined solution advised to you.
- The journey has 3 main stages: 1) Analyzing and clarifying your situation, needs and wants. You’ll have several email exchanges where the self-coaching technology will offer you precise, professional and personalized coaching questions that identify unseen limited behaviors. 2) Framing outcomes, identifying and removing interferences that may make your outcome achievement longer or harder. This will also be done through precise, professional and personalized emails. 3) Following and helping your progress with weekly reminders and coaching insights. The weekly reminders and tips are actionable, if you reply to them, you’ll get back personalized responses.
- In the emails, you’ll always find questions. From an expert and scientific perspective, questions have the following benefits: 1) they help you activate both parts of your brain, 2) they favor intrinsic rewards, 3) they favor the creation of new behaviors and the reinforcement of empowering behaviors. In sum, the questions favor the development and reinforcement of emotional intelligence, social, cognitive and organizational skills that are critical to succeed in today’s world as well as helping with stress reduction.
- Additionally, you’ll have options to access videos, podcasts and human coaches to adapt to your development or support. The emails you’ll receive adapt to your issues and availability. When you reply to my emails, stay concise, use short sentences. The more you write the more questions you’ll receive 😊
Structure of the email interaction
The emails that you receive will contain coaching insights for you and they will also contain specific reminders or instructions like the ones below🤗:
- You can rate each different email to inform the self-coaching technology about the quality and impact of the content. By rating emails you’ll help us improve much faster.
- Here is how to reply in the most efficient way; as our system works with your email you do not need to enter more content than just your answers and reflections. Please don’t reply directly in between the lines of the emails, as this will prevent our technology from reading your responses correctly.
- You’ll be provided with further options such as giving qualitative feedback if you want to share more thoughts or suggestions, access to the human-coaching options, a link to create a new coaching issue, an invitation to invite your friends to benefit from coaching and access to the support team.
Insights about skills and how technology can contribute to enhancing your skills
What is a “skill”? 🧐
Taking definitions from research (for instance: Knapp 1977, Perrenoud 1996, Zarifian 1999), a “skill” can be defined as:
- The learned ability to bring about pre-determined results with maximum certainty, often with the minimum outlay of time or energy or both;
- The capacity of one individual to use part or all of the cognitive and conative resources to address complex situations;
- The act of taking the initiative and the responsibility on situations that one individual is facing at a given time;
- A practical intelligence of a given situation that reuses already acquired or existing knowledge and experiences and transform them with even more force as the diversity of situations increases.
What is important for you to keep in mind is that through the use of your self-coaching technology (start now here) you will be guided and supported to develop your skills in the different complex situations of your academic, professional and personal journey. PocketConfidant AI is committed to developing the technology that supplements the mission of Education and provides students and learners with individual, personalized and ongoing support, that is not or rarely provided by Education simply because it would require one coach, or one mentor, or one tutor for each student. This being said, the pedagogical support that you will access with our technology is going to facilitate and or accelerate the develop of your skills, in relation to the different topics. As developing our skills is more in the process and interaction and less in the topic that you are learning, our technology is designed to activate and support the learning mechanisms that contribute to building skills. 😊
You can find more information about the different options that are offered by PocketConfidant AI on this blog post introducing a 4-steps process to overcome your challengess.
Check what students say
- What it brought me : serenity, motivation, self-confidence. I had the impression to get to my exam more prepared, more focused. What I loved : each conversation made me more trusting and confident, made me understand things that I wasn’t seeing before when too much head down. How did I experience it : well actually, it’s great to have an external point of view to help us scaffold our thinking and extract the essential of it. I told myself that I should have started this earlier! (Audrey)
- Rating 5/5. Thank you so much for your answers. (Cecile)
- I have something to go to at midnight when I am stressed about a project; a low-cost tool I can use to work through an issue and identify a way forward that lets me sleep at night. (Carrick)
- I modified the way I was answering to questions by adding quantitative measures and answering more precisely to prepare as maximum as possible my transition to reach my goal. (Boris)
- I can see that with the questions I started to ask myself deeper about things, and like that I analyze my situation better, I think that now I am more calm and really have started practicing of speaking about myself and trying to express myself better, thinking of my real values. Thank you very much for helping (Vasilena)
- Rating 5/5. I really like the content, congrats! (Gabriela)
- The way questions are delivered is cool. We get the insights of a coach to change and self-coach ourselves. (Enzo)
- I’m doing more work to reach my goals. I think if you are more focused on your goals then you have to do a better job. I manage to exceed my limits to reach my goals, it is satisfying to progress. It helps me to work by focusing on the most important things and stop looking for exit ways. It is good to confront the reality sometimes based on our own capacities. It also helps me to connect more with what I like and work on deep purpose or things that make sense to me. This is helpful to better apprehend weaknesses and work on it. (Xavier)
- It’s very interesting to get an external point of view on the questions I’m asking myself. Sending emails enables me to answer when I want and to write my answers correctly. I really think I’m speaking to someone. The gain is to help me learn more about myself and my challenges and to create directions for thinking. It makes me happy to receive emails regularly and it’s very self-satisfying to find my answers to the questions that are asked. (Elyse)
- I rate 7/10 on the link between my success in the interview and the coaching with PocketConfidant as it helped me support an important preparation. (Ines)
- I wanted to thank you again for your help and the video for the interview preparation. I encourage you to continue what you do, it’s clear and very efficient! (Aurelie)
We hope this article was useful. We welcome your feedback, questions and ideas as we’re constantly improving in full collaboration with our users. You can contact us here or at email@example.com.
Tags: academic, advice, audio, career, Career coaching, Coaching, Communication, conversation, differentiate, edtech, education, empowerment, guide, job, learning, mentoring, podcast, process, self help, self-coaching, skills, social skills, student life, Students, support, Training, university
Trackback from your site.